In the event of an emergency, dial 911. Then, and only if time permits, contact Security for supplementary assistance. Laurel Park Place Office Center has in place a seven–day-24-hour security program through a combination of on-site guard services during regular business hours and electronic recording and intervention services during non-business hours.
Call 734-953-1077 if assistance is needed. These calls will be answered by Security personnel 24 hours a day. When available, Security may be requested to escort you to your car when leaving the building after hours. In the event you are locked out of your vehicle, suffer a flat tire or need a jump start, our staff will assist you by calling a towing or repair service.
GENERAL OFFICE SECURITY
The following is a list of general office security suggestions, which are offered to you as an aid in establishing your internal security procedures:
- Restrict office keys to those who actually need them.
- Keep complete, up-to-date records of the distribution of all office keys.
- Establish uniform procedures for collecting keys prior to the termination of employees.
- Establish a rule that keys must never be left unguarded on desks or cabinets.
- Require that filing cabinet keys be removed from locks and placed in a secure location after opening cabinets.
- Prevent unauthorized personnel from reporting a lost key and receiving a replacement.
- Ensure that a responsible person is in charge of issuing all keys.
- Store keys systematically in a secured wall cabinet of either your own design or one that conforms to a commercial key control system.
- Insist on identification from repairmen who come to work in your office.
- Clear all desks of important papers.
- When working alone in the office at night, lock the front door to prevent anyone else from entering.
- Keep the police, fire department, and building security telephone numbers posted.
- Double-check to see that all doors are securely locked before you leave.