In the event of an emergency, dial 911. Then, and only if time permits contact security for supplementary assistance.
Maccabees Center has in place a seven–day-24-hour security program through a combination of on-site guard services during regular business hours and electronic recording and intervention services during non-business hours. There is also a security marked vehicle which patrols the parking areas at various hours, Monday through Friday. Call 248-746-6000 Extension 105 if assistance is needed. During regular business hours, these calls may be answered by Building Management and relayed to security. During non-business hours, these calls will be answered by security personnel directly.
Security is available to escort you to your car when leaving the building after hours with the exception of 10:45 PM to 7:00 AM, Monday through Friday, after 2 PM on Saturday and all day on Sundays and Holidays. Contact Building Management during normal business hours or Security, at any time, to arrange for special needs. In the event you are locked out of your vehicle, suffer a flat tire or need a jump start, our staff will assist you by calling a towing or repair service. A portable battery booster is available for your on-site use as well.
This building is equipped with an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) located at the lower level security desk. Should the need arise, please contact 911 then security for assistance or proceed to the desk to retrieve the equipment.
GENERAL OFFICE SECURITY
The following is a list of general office security suggestions, which are offered to you as an aid in establishing your internal security procedures:
Restrict office keys to those who actually need them.
- Keep complete, up-to-date records of the distribution of all office keys.
- Establish uniform procedures for collecting keys prior to the termination of employees.
- Establish a rule that keys must never be left unguarded on desks or cabinets.
- Require that filing cabinet keys be removed from locks and placed in a secure location after opening cabinets.
- Prevent unauthorized personnel from reporting a lost key and receiving a replacement.
- Ensure that a responsible person is in charge of issuing all keys.
- Store keys systematically in a secured wall cabinet of either your own design or one that conforms to a commercial key control system.
- Insist on identification from repairmen who come to work in your office.
- Clear all desks of important papers.
- When working alone in the office at night, lock the front door to prevent anyone else from entering.
- Keep the police, fire department, and building security telephone numbers posted.
- Double check to see that all doors are securely locked before you leave.
If you see suspicious or offensive persons in the building, please call Security and/or Building Management immediately. If possible, make note of appearance, clothing, etc. in order to assist building security in locating them.
Please be aware of strangers in your Tenant areas and halls. Quite often a question such as “May I help you locate someone?” will be enough to deter a potential thief. Suspicious encounters of this type should be reported to Security and/or Building Management immediately.