With an increasing number of “bomb threats,” many of which are directed toward private industry, the Property has established a general plan to alert the public and employees.
Anyone who is responsible for answering the telephone at the Property should be aware of the following procedures in case of a telephoned bomb threat:
WHILE THE CALLER IS STILL ON THE LINE:
Complete the “Bomb Threat Checklist” while talking to the individual.
AFTER THE CALLER HAS HUNG UP:
- DO NOT TELL ANYONE ELSE OF THE TELEPHONE CALL!
- Notify the Security office, if available.
- Notify local Police Department
- Notify the Property Manager.
The Property Manager or a member of the Property Management Staff will determine from the content of the call:
- The reliability of the call – whether it is real or a hoax.
- Within the time-frame given – whether to conduct an immediate search or evacuate the premises.
- The ultimate responsibility for evacuation rests solely with a member of Property Management. The police department cannot make the decisions, nor will they attempt to.
In the event of an ordered evacuation, follow the procedures as outlined for fires. However, DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING other than your own personal possessions, purses or coats, as you leave.
Click here to download a Bomb Threat Checklist