In the event of power failure, emergency lights powered by 2-hour battery back-up will activate exit signs, egress and stairwell lighting fixtures throughout the building.
It is seldom necessary to evacuate the building during a power failure. Unless you are directed to do so through the emergency communication system, please remain in your offices.
Please DO NOT CALL Building Management unless you need to notify them of the location of a disabled employee.
- If you are near a mall service corridor, direct your staff and customers into this area. If this is not possible or the corridor is not near your store, stage people in your back storeroom or at the extreme back of the sales floor.
- As soon as everyone is as far back into your store as possible, direct them to keep away from glass, mirrors, etc.
- Everyone should immediately sit on the floor with their backs to the front of the store and/or any glass that is nearby.
- If a tornado or high winds should hit the property, all security and maintenance will be directed to assist in emergency procedures. Please use extreme caution.
- After the weather event is over, Security and Staff will direct tenants, employees and customers to use extreme care in working their way through the building.