TO ALERT THE BUILDING OF A FIRE
1. Assist anyone in immediate danger.
2. Extinguish the fire if at all possible with a fire extinguisher.
3. Pull the fire alarm.
4. Call the fire department at 911.
5. Confine the fire by closing all the doors as you are leaving the area.
6. Exit area through the nearest stairwell or approved fire exit.
- If the stairway is filled with smoke, re-enter the floor, close the door, and proceed to an alternate stairway.
- DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS TO EXIT THE FLOOR.
- DO NOT RUN but proceed in a prompt and orderly fashion.
8. Listen to the public address system as you are proceeding for any special instructions.
IF YOU HEAR A FIRE ALARM
- Walk promptly to the nearest stairwell or approved fire exit.
- Assist any visitors who may be with you and are unfamiliar with the building.
- If the stairwell is filled with smoke or has evidence of fire below you, re-enter the floor, close the door, and go to the alternate stairwell.
- DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS
2. Exit the stairway at the ground level fire exits when coming down from the floors above.
3. DO NOT RUN but proceed in a prompt and orderly fashion.
4. Listen to announcements as you are proceeding for any special instructions.
5. Proceed to your pre-determined designated assembly area and check in with your supervisor.
Click here to download Evacuation Diagrams
Click here to download Laurel Park Place Office Center Area Maps
FIRE AND LIFE SAFETY
FIRE ALARM PROCEDURES
DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS.
In the event of an alarm:
1. Proceed calmly to the nearest fire exit.
2. Follow stairs and signs out of AND AWAY FROM the building.
3. Do not stand near the building or in fire lanes.
4. Follow the instructions of the Police and Fire Department authorities.
Your designated Safety Wardens should review and implement the Tenant Coordination of Emergency Action Plan located on this website and become familiar with the Evacuation Diagrams showing the location of all exits and emergency equipment.