FIRE AND LIFE SAFETY
FIRE ALARM PROCEDURES
DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS
In the event of an alarm:
1. Proceed calmly to the nearest fire exit.
2. Follow stairs and signs out of AND AWAY FROM the building.
3. Do not stand near the building or in fire lanes.
4. Follow the instructions of the Police and Fire Department authorities.
Your designated Safety Wardens will receive an Emergency Procedures Manual at the time of move-in showing the location of all exits and emergency equipment.
TENANT COORDINATION OF EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
TENANT SAFETY WARDENS AND DEPUTY WARDENS
1. Each tenant shall designate responsible and dependable employees as Safety Warden and Deputy Wardens for each floor on which they lease space.
2. Each tenant floor space will be under the direction of a designated Safety Warden. It is recommended that the Safety Warden be assisted by one Deputy Warden for every exit on each floor. You may want more to allow for possible absenteeism or circumstances effecting availability.
3. Each Safety Warden and Deputy Warden shall be familiar with fire safety plans and emergency procedures for the building and their tenant space. This includes the location of all exits and the locations and operation of the alarm system and fire equipment. Also included is the knowledge of the location of any handicapped individuals on their floor and the confirmation of their evacuation. All wardens should become familiar with the pre-planned escape routes. Refer to the evacuation Diagrams for assistance in identifying these locations.
4. In the event that a fire or other emergency is spotted, or an alarm is activated, evacuation must commence immediately on that floor. The Safety Warden should make sure the fire alarm has been activated and, if conditions permit, the Safety Warden shall conduct the evacuation according to the following guidelines:
- Call the Fire Department at 911 and, only if time permits, Security at 248-746-6000, ext 105.
- Attempt to extinguish the fire, if minor.
- Isolate the fire by closing the doors in the fire area.
- Assist people in the immediate fire area to safety.
- Evacuate by leading people calmly and quickly through the nearest stairwell or pre-planned escape route, closing doors behind you.
- DO NOT use elevators.
- If the pre-planned escape route is full of smoke, direct people to an alternate stairwell or secondary escape route.
- Do not attempt reentry until the all clear signal is given by the Fire Department.
Click here to download a Fire Drill Evaluation Form
Click here to download a Safety Warden List
Click here to download Evacuation Diagrams
Click here to download Area Maps